On December 17th, 2019, the Horde Mode Z Update was released for World War Z on all platforms.
The most notable additions to this update were the introduction of the new Horde Mode and a new special zombie: the Bomber.
- Added a new game mode: Horde Mode
- Added new Bomber special zombie that will spawn in all modes and levels
- Added Special Operations Forces skin pack (included for Season Pass owners)
- Activating certain mutators in private lobby will result in reduced currency and XP rewards
- The Flare gun can now spawn as a rare weapon on all levels. When fired, it will distract and burn zombies.
- Fixed Screamer not moving to attack player in some cases
- Bots will not attempt to finish off the Infector in melee if it is very far away from them
- Fixed issue with Hellraiser’s Technician perk not increasing the maximum number of targets.
- Fixed issue with prestige perks reducing max ammo instead of increasing it.
- Minor UI and localization fixes
- Fixed several gameplay crashes
- Fixed some gameplay bugs that were causing inability to progress in levels
- Fixed issue with all ammo affecting mutators, that would result in giving players wrong amount of ammo
- Fixed issue with flamethrower continuing to fire even if player swapped to a different weapon
- Fixed another issue with prestige levels not saving correctly in some cases
- Reduced volume of Sniper Rifle firing sound
- Adjusted hit marker sound, now it is more subtle and will be affected by SFX slider in audio settings